Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shhh, Please Not So Loud: One

I woke up this morning and immediately regretted it. The sun was brighter then usual, too bright and was slowly but surely killing me. My head ached in a way that only happens when you drink a bottle of champagne. I stood up from my bed and had to sit right back down. I was hungover. And for the first time part of me was glad.

Once I was able to get to my feet and withstand the weight of my own body I thought of this blog post and which cure I was going to try. I figured to start this off I would use my standard hangover remedy. I popped the Advil that resides on my nightstand for mornings just like this one and parted my unbearably dry mouth to pour water down. I always expect instant ease and comfort and therefore I am always disappointed. The next step of my cure involves a long shower. I brought my iPod speakers in to the water closet with me and put Rilo Kiley's "The Initial Friend and stayed in the shower until the album was complete, my hands were pruned and I had written most of this post in my head. By now the Advil had kicked in and I was left with only a dull ache in my head.

It's hours later and I can still feel the effects of last night on my body.
The Advil only lessened the pain, the shower, while nice, relaxing and cleansing, really did nothing. This is really no cure for a hang over.

So this concludes the first posting of Shhh, Please Not So Loud, I hope it was enjoyable. Please feel welcome to suggest hangover cures and I will attempt them and report and the success.

No comments: