Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Long History, and Introduction




One day, many years ago, I heard the name Tony Libera. It was thrown out casually by a co-writer on this blog, though my at the time drunken stupor doesn't allow me to recollect which, Jay or Andrew, either works. I had, at that time, not been formally introduced to Tony, or Tone the Bone as I sometimes affectionately refer to him as. I did, however, hear many great tales of his valor, among other stories involving various acts and descriptive qualities of greatness.

I don't really recall the exact time, but I'd hazard a guess it was junior year of highschool-ish, that being Fall 2004, Spring 2005. Although that is a fairly large length of time, my dual addiction to both heroin and perscription pain killers leaves me with hardly any chance to remember it vividly. Tony's name was originally thrown out due to his entrance into a relationship with a previously misplaced girlfriend of mine, who's name I will not utter here. What could have easily kindled into a blazing hatred, due to my commonly occurring personality trait of intense bitterness, was inevitably cooled to a calm understanding that this was a man I wouldn't cross in anger.

Now here I think I must say something of importance. I have never met or been introduced to Tony Libera. I have, however stumbled across his path on at least one occasion. The last, and possibly only, recollection I have of seeing Tony is this past summer at Loring Park at the previously mentioned ex-girlfriend's concert. He was looking sprite and healthy, and I assumed he could kill at least a half dozen men in a round nine seconds.

In the end, I would like to make my first post on this prestigious blog a formal introduction between fellow writers. Hey Tony, I'm Ian. Nice to meet you on the internet. I hope this unravels a new beginning to a friendship formed, like many others, through the ultimate transitional friend that is Jay Boller.

No comments: